The Channel & Customer Development Manager (CCDM) is the voice of the customer and the shopper in the Country Category Business Team (CCBT). They are responsible for ensuring channel and customer insights are incorporated in the development of brand and category plans and building execution against those plans in the context of retailer strategy.
The CCDM is a key business partner to the Category leads, setting and deploying channel strategy for their category and deploying holistic customer investment across customers to deliver profitable growth. This role represents the customer in core organizational processes including Sales & Operating Plan (S&OP), Integrated Business Planning (IBP), & Net Revenue Management (NRM)
Hair Care, Deodorants
- Develop and empower a high performing team
- Sales and Operating Plan – lead consolidated Customer Development (CD) input and own ‘output’, drive CD business performance
- Drive Customer/ Channel/ Region input to the S&OP process for brand/ category.
- Drive business performance including gap closure activities and optimization.
- Integrated Business Plan
- Channel/Customer lens-based thought leadership, feedback and inputs into the category building plan, brand Jobs to Be Done, SKU portfolio for next year
- Input into innovation / renovation business cases e.g. pack size by channel, pricing, distribution targets & trade margins
- Responsible for category strategy execution for future years including key tactics and innovation as a part of Perfect Plan
- Development and implementation of channel specific strategies to address the changing needs of the diverse shoppers across all channels in the Canadian marketplace.
- Channel specific category plans to develop destination portfolios by channel, build new channels.
- Drive distribution and product availability across channels at the point of purchase.
- Work to improve customer profitability through NRM (Decisions on Mix, Promotion, and Trade Spend Optimization) & Trade Investments for the category/ channel
- Developing price, promotion, distribution, and retail strategies for assigned brands with a relentless focus on flawless execution and the shopper
- Support new product introduction for listing into mix.
- Category Business Team (CCBT) Leads
- Category Marketing Team and Brand Managers
- CD Leadership Team
- CD Finance Business Partner
- Results driven/achievement focused; Keeps end goal in mind at all times. Strong focus on business outcomes, gap closure etc. Takes decisions in ambiguous circumstances
- Delivers through empowerment; Encourages ownership to resolve issues where they are happening. Holds others and organization accountable for delivery.
- Strategic Agility; Articulate and able to create breakthrough strategies and plans and adapt brand strategies into channel and customer strategies in a simple and actionable way.
- Entrepreneurship and Experimentation: Leads/takes action as if it was own business. Leverages digital technologies to simplify work and improve communication.
- Organizational agility: Develops and leverages strong internal and external networks effective at stakeholder management & strategic influencing.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Understands Net Revenue Management concepts
- Leverages Category Management generated insights to develop/execute fully integrated brand/category strategies and activities for customers.
- Strong understanding of the Canadian retailer landscape and how it’s evolving
- Digital connected world – understands the path to purchase and embeds connected world framework into strategies and priorities.
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Unilever: Life | LinkedIn | Strategy | Unilever | Why work for Unilever | Careers at Unilever | Unilever Global Website | Check Out Our Space
Unilever Canada is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national or ethnic origin, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics, and a conviction for which a pardon has been granted.