Southwest Airlines Jobs in Virginia Beach | if you looking for a job that fulfilled all your dreams, cheers! you got right post. one of the finest Company Southwest Airlines just posted huge Recruitment Notifications for new job Seekers. This Vacancy best for your financial freedom and career growth. Apply To Massive Company Jobs On World’s No.1 Job Portal. Explore Company Openings In Your Desired Locations Now!
Starting pay of $17 per hour plus Benefits you’ll love:
- Opportunities for overtime and shift pick-ups
- Fly for free on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible dependents fly, too)
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck*
- An annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement—when we profit, you profit**
- Competitive health insurance for you and your family
- Opportunity to buy Southwest Airlines common stock at a 10% discount
- Southwest Airlines will consider your interest for the Ramp Agent – Part-Time position in Las Vegas, Nevada if you are currently a resident of the state of Nevada***
- If you are not selected for this job posting, you will not be eligible to reapply for this position in Las Vegas, Nevada (LAS) for 12 months from the day of interview***
- Provides legendary Customer Service by handling cargo and baggage service, directing and servicing aircraft, and related activities on the airport ramp
- Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Responsible for providing legendary Customer service to people desiring to travel, use cargo or baggage service by servicing aircraft at ramps and terminals
- Loads, unloads, services, guides, and directs Company Aircraft
- Receives and records Customer baggage, air freight, mail and company materials as required
- Handles all aspects of loading, stowing and unloading baggage, cargo airmail, air freight, ballast and company materials according to a predetermined plan received either electronically or manually from an Operations Agent. Submits, either electronically or manually, a Cargo Bin Loading Slip (CBLS) to an Operations Agent
- Picks up, delivers, and transports cargo and baggage to and from aircraft and prepares records in connection with these responsibilities
- Warehouses, weighs, stacks, picks up and delivers air cargo, checks air cargo handled against accompanying forms to identify any mishandling or discrepancies and corrects routine errors
- Safeguards Customers’ baggage, air cargo, air mail, and COMAT from weather, loss, theft, damage and/or destruction
- Uses jetway stairs frequently to carry items checked at the gate to the aircraft bin
- Reviews cargo forms for accuracy and corrects forms as necessary
- Performs interior aircraft cabin cleaning by hand, including sweeping upholstery, cleans windows, galleys and disposal containers in accordance with applicable paperwork
- Cleans and services lavatories, operates lavatory carts and disposes of contents in accordance with established procedures
- May perform duties of a Provisioning Agent, including stocking aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as literature, disposal, and refuse containers and commissary items in accordance with applicable paperwork. Maintains an inventory of such items and supplies
- Transports cabin and cleaning equipment between aircraft storage area
- Operates and/or drives motorized equipment, such as belt loaders, air start units, lift trucks, push back tugs, bag cart, lavatory cart and de-icers
- Manually pushes and pulls push carts and containers
- Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals, hangars and airfreight facilities, both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to a wide variety of weather condition, jet and machinery noises, fumes, dirt and dust for extended periods of time
- Completes forms and paperwork connected with work assignments according to established procedures, and enters such information in to the Company’s information system as required
- Duties vary by size and organization of station.
- Provides friendly service to all Co-workers and Customers. Has routine contact with people outside of the Company such as delivery agents, shippers, etc.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, and work under stressful situations
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete Ramp Agent training program with a 90% or greater average and an evaluation period
- Ability to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand ramp operations procedures, rules and regulations
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft
- Must meet all grooming standards as outlined in the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and the Labor Agreement
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment. Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment
- No education requirement
- No experience requirement
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights
- Requires you to obtain and maintain USPS Clearance and meet all requirements to handle US Mail
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Ability to work shift work and/or overtime
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Effective March 1, 2022, Southwest Airlines is voluntarily increasing the starting wage rate for Ground Operations and Cargo Agents to at least $17 per hour. This impacts roles such as Ramp, Customer Service, Operations, Provisioning, and Cargo Agent New Hires. If hired prior to March 1, 2022, your starting wage rate begins at least $15 per hour until the new rate goes into effect on March 1, 2022.
- 401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule.
- ProfitSharing contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company.
The starting wage rate increase above the contractual minimum wage is reviewed periodically and can be changed or discontinued at any time at the Company’s discretion.
Southwest Airlines Jobs in Virginia Beach Information
- Designation: Various Posts Open for apply.
- Location: Across the World.
- Qualification Required: – Various degree’s for various posts.
- Experience: – Fresher or Experienced can apply.
- Salary: It’s Depends on your job designation.
- Language: Verbal & Written communication in English and Local language will be an added advantage.
- Who can Apply: Fresher or Experienced both can apply.
- What Skills Required for getting a job: Positive attitude, Being calm and cheerful when things go wrong,
Communication, You can listen and say information clearly when you speak or write, Teamwork, Self-management, Willingness to learn, Thinking skills (problem solving and decision making).
- How To Apply: Application Process is simple. Apply directly online using submit resume button and will get back to you after review your profile.
- how is life at Company: Very energetic.
::::: Best Helpful Video for this job:::::
—Watch Till End for Best Information—
For More : https://careers.southwestair.com/
Visitors Also Looking for: Private Job, Job Alert, MNC Jobs, Company Career, Job vacancy, New startup jobs near me, startups jobs for freshers, Work From Home Jobs, Work From Home Job, government job vacancy, Latest job Notifications, Part-time and full Time Jobs, Earn money from Online, Online jobs at Home, Corporate jobs and many more.
11 Job Interview Tips: How To Make a Great Impression
- Treat everyone you encounter with respect.
- Research the Company and Use Their Products
- Clarify your personal mission statement.
- Start by researching the company and your interviewers.
- Practice to be Perfect
- Be yourself.
- Don’t lie or overshare.
- Bring a copy of your resume or portfolio.
- Do not speak negatively about your previous employers.
- Wear a Confident Smile
- Send a thank-you note.
What are the pros and cons of working in a Company?
As you asked a general question, I’ll give a general answer. But please be aware that there are many specifics here that influence the real life attractiveness of any one job.
So, generally speaking –
- You get to learn about some very complex challenges not found in smaller organizations and they usually open your eyes and thoughts to areas of thoughts that you haven’t encountered before. Lots of Opportunities.
- Structure and Order: If you are good and diligent at what you do, you can usually advance to a managerial position within a few years (3–6) and gain managerial experience. This is usually way faster than in smaller organization’s.
- Resources: The pay grade is usually a bit better for starting position and can improve to way better at higher ranks.
- There are all kinds of interesting opportunities to travel and or meet people from all kinds of places and disciplines.
- Stability: You usually work in a team and not alone (might be a con for some)
There are usually opportunities for professional advancement – e.g. training, courses, studies etc..
- You gain connections.
- Opportunities: You train on some very complex computer systems.
- Lots of Perks: You get better benefits such as pension and medical insurance.
- You are just one small grain in a pile, and especially in the beginning, you influence very little.
- You are limited to just one small area of a profession skill set (might be a pro for some)
- You must do things their way, you can’t do things your way, even if proven to work better.
- There are TONS of politics that effect everything, and I mean everything.
- Things move at a very slow rate usually.
- You don’t know the whole picture, and things (like lay-offs) can surprise you very suddenly and there is nothing you can do about it.
- The work itself is usually repetitive and not creative and it gets boring very fast.