Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
- BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank
The GLOBAL FINANCE was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include General Accounting & Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support, Entity Controllership & Regulatory reporting.
Over the years, the scope of GLOBAL FINANCE has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Risk and Compliance & SOX Controls.
Bank of America has recently implemented Oracle cloud as it is General Ledger for APAC, EMEA and few countries in Americas. Bank of America uses two GLs i.e. SAP GL as book of records and Oracle Cloud GL as Source-system for SAP GL.
Finance Application Production Services (FAPS) ensures all financial accounting and financial reporting systems and applications are operating smoothly from a functional perspective.
This role is for a resource to manage application support for Close the books/Other Finance activities for Oracle Cloud GL, SAP GL, and providing data to downstream applications. This also broadly includes
- Feed setups in GL and for downstream applications
- Scheduling of Jobs/Feeds in SAP/ Oracle GL and downstream databases and escalating exceptions to relevant stakeholders
- Configuration of SAP (BPC and GL) and Oracle Cloud (GL) functionalities, however this will depend upon the requirement of the project
- Understanding the changes in business which are being implemented & tested especially which are impacting Oracle and SAP GL/Finance Provisioning Point (FPP) from application perspective.
- Working on end-users queries and taking them to closure in a timely manner
- Talking to technology teams for getting the complex issues resolved
- Simplification of existing complex GL processes and automating the same within controlled framework
- Provide day to day support on SAP, Oracle cloud GL and downstream sub systems feeds.
- Scheduling of GL and downstream feeds and jobs
- Opening and closing of periods in GL (Both Oracle and SAP GLs)
- Handling Oracle and SAP GL functionalities related configuration issues
- Review errors to identify patterns /gaps and highlight the same for fixes.
- Process Escalations in accordance to documented process and follow through to closure
- Good configuration and setups knowledge on SAP (GL and BPC module) and Oracle cloud (GL and AP/FA module). Should be well versed with GL transactions and its flows
- Involvement in SAP and Oracle upgrade projects
- Understanding and analyzing the parameters of various scheduled jobs and validation rules,
- Good understanding of Revaluation, Inter Company setups
- Provide Resolutions on the tickets raised by the End Users.
- Interaction with LOB (Line of Business) on daily calls.
- Monthly metrics reporting to LOB.
- Month end ,quarter close & Year- End GL & SQL Database activities.
- Trouble shooting pertaining daily and month-end activities.
- Must be a self-motivator and a quick learner, able to work well under tight deadlines while maintaining high levels of accuracy.
- Proven understanding to work with Oracle and SAP modules (GL/AP/FA) & BPC modules.
- Displays ease with communication with various business partners at all levels in a clear and concise manner.
- Comfortable to work in morning/afternoon shift (anywhere between 7 am till midnight)
- Must have worked on either Oracle cloud or SAP S4 HANA GL/ AP/FA and SAP BPC configurations. Having Oracle cloud/ SAP FICO/ SAP BPC certification will be an added advantage.
- Good working knowledge on Oracle Cloud/ SAP FICO/ SAP BPC
- Excellent communications/presentation skills
- Accounting or finance experience B.Com (Hons) or Pass+ good accounting background. High attention to details
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MS office knowledge.
- Strong sense of urgency to accomplish tasks and serve customers in a detail and deadline oriented environment
- Proven ability to work with system tools in complex environments and understanding of process controls
- Must be able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage own workload with little to no supervision
- Flexible, Self-motivated and confident
- Experience with systems development lifecycle practices/methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall methods
- Other technical and data manipulation/analysis skills, including MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, UI path etc.