At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further. You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground. There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing: – Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices – Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation – Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Entry-level hire, member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to a Senior Engineer, Engineering Director or Director Product Delivery & Integration.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Beginner level ability in software development, such coding assignments
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
Range of Impact/Influence:
- Accountable for team completing work you’re leading and work you are doing as agreed upon
- Accountable to team for delivery of quality work
Education & Experience:
Up to 4 years of software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as:
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Confirmed experience with object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
High Performance Behaviors:
- Recognizes opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
- Keeps up to date on current research and technology in the industry
- Recognizes the importance of collaboration to achieve objectives
- Clearly communicates ideas and concepts to others
- Leads work effectively and acts on own initiative without being prompted
- Provides feedback to team members in code reviews
- Drive creative changes & continuous improvements
- Explores new automation techniques to refine the agility, speed and quality of engineering initiatives and efforts
- EMC Documentum D2 Client and D2 Config Configuration Options and Customizations.
- Development of application using D2 Auto naming, Auto linking, Mass update configurations. Security templates creation based on the roles.
- Creation of Widgets, Themes and Workspaces based on their roles and page and other required configurations.
- Configuration of D2 Application with Auto naming, Auto linking and D2 Workflows
- Installation and Configuration of D2 and D2 Config.
- Should know Documentum foundation classes (DFC) , TBO, SBO ,DFS,REST, RPSA. DQL, DAPI
- Deep understanding of Documentum Workflows and Lifecycles. Documentum JOBs and Methods
- Should know about Documentum Content server, Documentum Method Server, XPlore, ADTS, Captiva Capture.
- Should have hands on experience on D2 upgrade, Documentum upgrade and migration projects.
- Database: Knowledge of Oracle and SQL database is must.
- Application Server: Knowledge to host application on Websphere and JBoss and troubleshoot issues on WAS and Jboss.
- Able to understand and use complex data structures and associated components
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and documents applications
- Takes part in reviews of own work and reviews of colleagues’ work
- Defines test conditions based on the requirements and specifications provided
- Has deep understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, crafting, building, testing, configuring, and maintaining of assigned application(s)
- Intermediate knowledge of infrastructure technologies and components