AirAsia Jobs in Malaysia | if you looking for a job that fulfilled all your dreams, cheers! you got right post. one of the finest Company AirAsia just posted huge Recruitment Notifications for new job Seekers. This Vacancy best for your financial freedom and career growth. Apply To Massive Company Jobs On World’s No.1 Job Portal. Explore Company Openings In Your Desired Locations Now!
- Analyze and improve Cabin Crew operations procedures across AOCs on a performance improvement basis
- Constantly conduct research and development on Cabin Crew operations related matters with the aim to enhance overall performance based on available resources
- Introduce performance improvement culture across the group cabin crew department & stakeholders
- Monitor on overall operations’ performance and standards of the AOC’s CCD management team, Pursers (PUR), Senior Cabin Crew (SCC) and Cabin Crew (CC) across the group.Monitor & analyze overall performance in terms of manpower numbers, attrition rate, attendance & aircraft to crew ratio
- Analyzing On Time Performance data that is highly related to Cabin Crew operations and proposing improvement plans throughout the year.
- To assist with the setting up of cabin operations for the new upcoming AOCs.
- To liaise with Group Manpower Planning in formulating annual crew projections for efficient and smooth operations across the group.
- To work closely with various departments within AirAsia’s Group to ensure high standard of performance and service by the cabin crew.
- To perform continuous review and enhance crew operational policies and procedures within the AOCs to ensure they reflect best practice within the aviation industry.
- To conduct structured surveys, review statistics trends and consultancy about the overall performance data of cabin operations.
- To monitor post operations reports’ for compliance & compilation, analyze and make due follow up (in relation to cabin operations) to respective AOCs.
- Monitor training & service delivery performances across AOCs and closing the gaps together with other Specialist within the Group CCD team
- Ensure smooth integration of performance improvement plans or initiatives towards standardized in-flight operations procedures.
- Keeping track of the latest requirements of regulatory bodies and informing all AOCs for best practise
- Monitor in-flight sales performance data (Cabin Crew) and introduce innovations to increase sales together with Ancillary Specialist
- Analyze group performance on a monthly & quarterly basis in order to devise the next action or mitigation plan
- Analyze data on complaints & compliments received by crews for future betterment of service delivery
- Leads the development of CCD performance dashboards in every aspect of operations.
- Represents CCD in Regional operations meetings internally & externally.
- Liaise with Performance Improvement Executives from all AOCs with regards operations improvement.
- Develop annual plan and budget strategy in terms of future improvement plans which includes budget adherence to the approved budget.
- Track operating progress and results against annual plans and KPIs to ensure targets are met; develop action plans as needed.
- Lead the identification of innovation and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Scrupulously analyze the issues pertaining to a project’s intent, deliverables, and leadership.
- To conduct flight observation when necessary or requested.
- To provide guidance for others CCD team members in terms of performance improvement and in order to build an effective operations team as a whole.
- Ensure transparency and promote good governance and Other duties as assigned by Group Head Cabin Crew
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, management, or a related discipline or a college degree in industrial engineering, technology, or science with direct experience in process improvement, continuous improvement preferably in aviation industry
- At least 5 years of experience as Process Improvement Manager, Improvement Analyse or related roles in aviation industry with management experience
- Requires an understanding of statistical methods as well as enhanced analytical abilities in order to confidently propose appropriate recommendations
- Continuously upgrading self knowledge in order to remain effective in the profession
- Methodical and rigorous work habits (safety and quality driven while focused on productivity)
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality, tactful when dealing with people and able to perform under pressure in a challenging environment
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask (work on several projects at once)
- Innovative and creative with the ability to translate ideas into effective action and outcomes
- Proficiency in commonly used and specialized software
- Capable of imparting knowledge to other team members and committed, dedicated and independent with good work ethics
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong leadership skills, experience working in a unionized environment, ability to learn and apply new concepts and overcome obstacles with change
We are all different – one talent to another – that is how we rely on our differences. At AirAsia, you will be treated fairly and given all chances to be the best. We committed to creating a diverse work environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Search Firm Representatives – AirAsia does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position-specific.
AirAsia Jobs in Malaysia Information
- Designation: Various Posts Open for apply.
- Location: Across the World.
- Qualification Required: – Various degree’s for various posts.
- Experience: – Fresher or Experienced can apply.
- Salary: It’s Depends on your job designation.
- Language: Verbal & Written communication in English and Local language will be an added advantage.
- Who can Apply: Fresher or Experienced both can apply.
- What Skills Required for getting a job: Positive attitude, Being calm and cheerful when things go wrong,
Communication, You can listen and say information clearly when you speak or write, Teamwork, Self-management, Willingness to learn, Thinking skills (problem solving and decision making).
- How To Apply: Application Process is simple. Apply directly online using submit resume button and will get back to you after review your profile.
- how is life at Company: Very energetic.
::::: Best Helpful Video for this job:::::
—Watch Till End for Best Information—
For More : https://careers.airasia.com/
Visitors Also Looking for: Private Job, Job Alert, MNC Jobs, Company Career, Job vacancy, New startup jobs near me, startups jobs for freshers, Work From Home Jobs, Work From Home Job, government job vacancy, Latest job Notifications, Part-time and full Time Jobs, Earn money from Online, Online jobs at Home, Corporate jobs and many more.
11 Job Interview Tips: How To Make a Great Impression
- Treat everyone you encounter with respect.
- Research the Company and Use Their Products
- Clarify your personal mission statement.
- Start by researching the company and your interviewers.
- Practice to be Perfect
- Be yourself.
- Don’t lie or overshare.
- Bring a copy of your resume or portfolio.
- Do not speak negatively about your previous employers.
- Wear a Confident Smile
- Send a thank-you note.
What are the pros and cons of working in a Company?
As you asked a general question, I’ll give a general answer. But please be aware that there are many specifics here that influence the real life attractiveness of any one job.
So, generally speaking –
- You get to learn about some very complex challenges not found in smaller organizations and they usually open your eyes and thoughts to areas of thoughts that you haven’t encountered before. Lots of Opportunities.
- Structure and Order: If you are good and diligent at what you do, you can usually advance to a managerial position within a few years (3–6) and gain managerial experience. This is usually way faster than in smaller organization’s.
- Resources: The pay grade is usually a bit better for starting position and can improve to way better at higher ranks.
- There are all kinds of interesting opportunities to travel and or meet people from all kinds of places and disciplines.
- Stability: You usually work in a team and not alone (might be a con for some)
There are usually opportunities for professional advancement – e.g. training, courses, studies etc..
- You gain connections.
- Opportunities: You train on some very complex computer systems.
- Lots of Perks: You get better benefits such as pension and medical insurance.
- You are just one small grain in a pile, and especially in the beginning, you influence very little.
- You are limited to just one small area of a profession skill set (might be a pro for some)
- You must do things their way, you can’t do things your way, even if proven to work better.
- There are TONS of politics that effect everything, and I mean everything.
- Things move at a very slow rate usually.
- You don’t know the whole picture, and things (like lay-offs) can surprise you very suddenly and there is nothing you can do about it.
- The work itself is usually repetitive and not creative and it gets boring very fast.